Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Running an advert experiment
Page: «7/9»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Feb 8
Quoting: Arehandoro
Quoting: Liam DaweAs an update on this: it will continue only for logged out users during February. I am aiming for March for all non-Patreon supporters. As I want a full month of seeing how the current positioning of the ad units does as they were tweaked so often during this month it’s difficult to gauge how they will do - so another month extra to keep an eye on it before the full rollout.

I visited the web today from a work computer (macOS and Chrome browser), not being logged in and without any adblockers, etc and in the places where the adverts would be, only one would show, and in the other spaces only a blank space leaving a weird spacing between the articles.

Not sure if a bug, but wanted to flag :)
Googling around, leaving a blank space seems like a common problem when you don't accept the cookies or there's no advert available to show. Google are supposed to collapse the space, but it seems it doesn't always happen. Annoying eh. Haven't found a solution yet, and lots of people asking the same have no solution either.
Quoting: "BlackBloodRum"You might bruteforce your way into them, but then how do you get back out?
Brute force. You don't have to get out of it, you just have to get it off.
Quoting: "BlackBloodRum"PS: I'm totally sticking a "kick me sign" on your back, between your shoulders when you nerds become Mr. Muscles, you won't be able to reach it to get it off
NOOOOOO
Then I will have to douche or even worse ask for help. shudder
Quoting: LoudTechieBrute force. You don't have to get out of it, you just have to get it off.
Ain't that the truth.

Quoting: LoudTechieNOOOOOO
Then I will have to douche or even worse ask for help. shudder
Mr. Muscles walks up to a scrawny guy, towering over him dwarfing the small mans presence, and says "Hey, little man. Look I got this stupid sign stuck on my back. Can you help me?" the little man lets out a roaring laugh and responds, "Yeah, not so tough now, are ya?!" and continues to laugh.

Last edited by BlackBloodRum on 9 February 2024 at 7:00 pm UTC
m2mg2 Feb 11
These full page mobile ads are awesome
Liam Dawe Feb 11
Quoting: m2mg2These full page mobile ads are awesome
There should never be any full-page adverts, they were entirely turned off. Just complaining without actually showing anything is incredibly unhelpful.
m2mg2 Feb 11
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: m2mg2These full page mobile ads are awesome
There should never be any full-page adverts, they were entirely turned off. Just complaining without actually showing anything is incredibly unhelpful.

When did you turn them off, I've seen them repeatedly in the last week? I've got a screenshot, give me a minute to find it and post it.
Liam Dawe Feb 11
They've been turned off since Day 1. There shouldn't be any, unless you mean you're on a tiny mobile screen and it takes up a lot of room - nothing to be done about that.
m2mg2 Feb 11
m2mg2 Feb 11
The content blocks take up about half the page and I've been getting periodic ad blocks double the size of the content blocks and they fill the whole screen minus the GOL search bar that sticks to the top.
Liam Dawe Feb 11
Is it specifically always the one at the very top of the website that does it?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.