After a failed first attempt, Unsung Warriors is back on Kickstarter with an updated demo Prologue available to play. Their fresh Kickstarter campaign comes along with a smaller €15,000 goal, with it close to being met already.
The world of Unsung Warriors is set in Iron-Age inspired Europe, among various Celtic tribes. It mixes fantasy elements with European folk tales and mythology. Through hand-crafted environments you can battle through it entirely alone or in local co-op with a friend.
This isn't some basic platformer either. The developer has worked to make it feel very satisfying with highly polished controls, along with various different abilities to unlock and use to customize your play-through how you want through the XP system.
What's interesting about the Prologue is that it has its own story which is linked to the full game. Not only that though, there's a clever addition which sees a special shine with an ancient tree, with roots that are connected to the progress of their Kickstarter campaign. It grows with more backers - pretty nice idea.
Some of what to expect includes:
- Single player & couch co-op mode
- Explore a vast world with interesting locations
- Battle against ferocious enemies and bosses
- Immersive main story and engaging side quests
- Meet interesting characters. Some of them can even become your friend
- Equip a wide variety of weapons, spells and other items
- Buy or sell equipment at a shop (no in-app purchases)
- Learn powerful new abilities
- An adventure filled with small jokes and surprises
- Set in a universe inspired by barbarian tribes in Europe
- Multiple endings depending on the choices you make