Witcher 3 coming to Linux :o ?
Page: «9/11»
  Go to:
Guppy May 1, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlThe wishlist entry is already above 10,000 votes.

Gotta wonder what % of that list already own the game - I personally do because it got bundled with my gtx970 ( that and batman - both games promised and failed to deliver Linux version /o\ )
Shmerl May 1, 2017
Possibly some do, but I don't think it matters. The main thing is the interest in it. We don't have a better way to measure demand.
slaapliedje May 2, 2017
I still haven't beat the first Witcher game. I kept trying to move my save game over from Windows, but could never get it to be detected with the version I was running under Wine.
g000h May 3, 2017
Yeah, even though The Witcher 3 would probably be my top, favourite game of all time - It is looking more and more likely that it will never come to Linux. At this point, I'm just waiting for the price of the game to drop substantially, and then let's say when it is down to 75% discount I might get it as a Windows game (and try to play it with WINE).

No way I'm paying even 50% discount if it is not ported to Linux. Ported to Linux - I'd pay 100% retail price.
Mountain Man May 4, 2017
Safe to say it's never coming to Linux.
Liam Dawe May 4, 2017
Quoting: GuestI really wish it would. I got curious so I sent an email to biz [A] cdprojektred.com and received a reply last night. Doesn't look great to be honest.
I think it's likely time to give up with this one guys ;)
Alm888 May 5, 2017
Will buy Windows version the first day it will: 1) be 12 years old; 2) have a PLATINUM rating on appdb and 3) will cost less than $0.5. (all three should be true) ^.^
Liam Dawe May 5, 2017
Quoting: GuestYep, sorry, you better give up waiting for this one to ever come to Linux... I cant tell you the exact details due to NDA, but can say that CDProject RED are not interested in bringing Witcher 3 to Linux (or Mac) any time soon. Yes it had to do with Witcher 2, but nothing to do with VP.

Make of that what you will, believe me or not ;)
If you're just coming here to stir up trouble, don't.

Yes the community initially acted poorly to it, but your own constant comments didn't help, especially in our IRC.
Liam Dawe May 5, 2017
Quoting: GuestNot stirring up anything.
Sure...
Quoting: GuestYes it had to do with Witcher 2, but nothing to do with VP.
Liam Dawe May 5, 2017
I see, I guess I got the wrong impression from that comment then, thought it was going in a different direction.

I don't get it at all then, if like you say, Witcher 2 for Linux sold well, why they wouldn't be interested in continuing.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.