You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Page: «15/21»
  Go to:
Sojiro84 Apr 24, 2020
Quoting: mrdeathjr...snip...

I see you post a lot!

Love seeing the posts but it always seemed to me you are running stuff on a ancient PC.

So I checked your PC info, and doesn't seem that ancient at all!

What is up with that monitor! I am very curious!
mrdeathjr Apr 24, 2020
Quoting: Sojiro84

I see you post a lot!

Love seeing the posts but it always seemed to me you are running stuff on a ancient PC.

This is a samsung syncmaster 794MB (example image from google)

^_^
Sojiro84 Apr 24, 2020

That looks pretty old. Is that the best monitor you got? Or do you like the retro vibe it gives? :D
mrdeathjr Apr 24, 2020

That looks pretty old. Is that the best monitor you got? Or do you like the retro vibe it gives? :D

Personally i like more crt than actual monitors

^_^
Avehicle7887 Apr 24, 2020
Quoting: mrdeathjr

I see you post a lot!

This is a samsung syncmaster 794MB (example image from google)

^_^

Good thing you mentioned google, as I'd never believe that is your actual monitor. Hell needs to freeze over before I see you using Win10 ;)
mrdeathjr Apr 24, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887Good thing you mentioned google, as I'd never believe that is your actual monitor. Hell needs to freeze over before I see you using Win10 ;)

Windows only have win 8.1 (10 is worst thing created by M$ until now in my opinion)

But only use windows for specific things, very rare most time stay on linux

^_^
ageres Apr 25, 2020
Trials of Mana (demo):

It needs mf-install to show videos, runs great with it. Too anime and cliche, but the gameplay is enjoyable.
Sojiro84 Apr 25, 2020
Ahh, after looking up the monitor I see it now. A actual CRT.

Digital Foundry did a tech review of sort about CRT more recently and how, even at lower resolutions, the graphics looked better then on the flat-screens we have today and also better response times and such.

Pretty interesting to see that those old monitors are still the best for gaming and the lower resolution is not noticeable and therefore even more performance out of your graphics card.

Link to the video I am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8BVTHxc4LM

Anyway, back to screenshots!

Good old WoW - Classic.

Csokis Apr 28, 2020
Need for Speed: Undercover (modded FOV, Xbox Gamepad support with correct symbols) :)

crt0mega May 5, 2020
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat

... as some kind of warm-up for the upcoming Metro Exodus port :)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.