You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Alternative to Stadia
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Zelox Jun 21, 2020
just found an interesting streaming service. Could be an awesome option for those who love stadia.
https://shadow.tech/gben
Shmerl Jun 21, 2020
H.265 is a suspect already. Does it run Linux?
damarrin Jun 22, 2020
Why would it?
Shmerl Jun 22, 2020
For the same reason Stadia does? Not depend and pay anything to MS.
Mezron Jun 22, 2020
I'm looking into PSNow. Virtua 5 is a game I never played ever and I have a few friends interested in it. Currently, I'm using Stadia to play MK11 with friends.
Zelox Jun 23, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlH.265 is a suspect already. Does it run Linux?

It runs on Linux, Ubuntu 18.04, it doesn't show on the front page,check downloads.

Last edited by Zelox on 23 June 2020 at 2:17 am UTC
Shmerl Jun 23, 2020
Quoting: ZeloxIt runs on Linux, Ubuntu 18.04, it doesn't show on the front page

Interesting. So it also only runs Linux games or they are using Wine as well?
Zelox Jun 23, 2020
Well the client u need support Linux. So you can stream to a Linux machine. But the computer you rent seems to be windows I'm afraid. So it's not like stadia, where the games run on debain
Shmerl Jun 23, 2020
Quoting: ZeloxWell the client u need support Linux. So you can stream to a Linux machine. But the computer you rent seems to be windows I'm afraid. So it's not like stadia, where the games run on debain

Didn't you say it runs Linux (Ubuntu)? Or it's Windows after all? If it runs on Windows, then it's just another Windows gaming service.

Last edited by Shmerl on 23 June 2020 at 2:28 am UTC
Zelox Jun 23, 2020
Think you miss understood me. Could be my English also. It runs on Linux, I ment the client. The pc you rent seems to be windows 10. So the game you play runs on windows and you can stream to almost any device, Linux included, "it runs on Linux".
Shmerl Jun 23, 2020
I got it. So it's just another remote Windows renting, like Geforce Now and others. Not much better than dual booting or running Windows in VM locally really. I don't consider it Linux gaming.

Last edited by Shmerl on 23 June 2020 at 2:36 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.