Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
The Witcher 3 in Wine
Page: «32/178»
  Go to:
Shmerl Oct 4, 2017
Quoting: ajgpIs it working in Staging 2.18 on its own now? Or will I still need to pull down the source and add in patches? (if so which?)

With Nvidia blob you can use staging, or build Wine with subset of staging patches just needed for the game. With Mesa you need to apply the freeze workaround, either to Wine, or to Mesa. So just using staging + Mesa won't work in such case.

For the list of relevant patches if you want just a minimal subset, see howto here.
Shmerl Oct 4, 2017
With mips and deferred context staging patches, the water looks beautiful:

malek69 Oct 5, 2017
Quoting: ShmerlWith mips and deferred context staging patches, the water looks beautiful:

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/forum/topic/2753/post_id=12330
Pependos Oct 5, 2017
I only pray to all Computer Gods about the performance fix...
Cmdr_Iras Oct 5, 2017
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: ajgpIs it working in Staging 2.18 on its own now? Or will I still need to pull down the source and add in patches? (if so which?)

With Nvidia blob you can use staging, or build Wine with subset of staging patches just needed for the game.

Nice, I have a Nvidia card so staging it is. Will have to download and see how it works :)
Keyrock Oct 5, 2017
Does staging 2.18 still have the entrance to underground areas being solid black bug and the certain enemies appearing as a jumbled mess of shapes bug? wine-staging 2.18 hasn't popped up in the Manjaro repos yet, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

As for the white outline thing, I've had that happen from time to time. I didn't even realize it was a bug, I thought it was done on purpose because it looked pretty cool.
Avehicle7887 Oct 5, 2017
Wine 2.18 is very good news for Nvidia users. The performance has improved a lot, it is the first time I've seen the fps at a stable 30 plus and there is no stutter. On the bad side of things, caves and other underground entrances are still invisible.

Very good progress.

Shmerl Oct 8, 2017
Quoting: GuestYep fps is still pretty low but game run much much smoother on nvidia. (~18 fps on 1440p uber, ~38 fps 720p low; cpu and gpu usage ~50%), if someone is intrest i can make video of this.
Also wine team want some feedback https://dev.wine-staging.com/patches/204/

On AMD framerate is very good. I'm still waiting for anyone with Vega GPU to post some results. I didn't get one yet.

And another shader cache idea? Not bad.
Shmerl Oct 8, 2017
Quoting: gojul
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: gojulTried TW3 and still does not work for me. Will try later.

Feel free to describe what's not working in TW3 thread. It should work now both for Mesa and Nvidia blob.

First of all, I use wine-development and not wine staging, latest version of course, 2.18 at the time of writing.

Now here's the output I get when running TW3 :
LANG=C WINEPREFIX=/home/julien/.wine wine /mnt/misc3/wine_drive_c/GOG\ Games/The\ Witcher\ 3\ Wild\ Hunt/bin/x64/witcher3.exe 
fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x213f030,0x00000000), stub!
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_check_feature_level_support Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:dxgi:dxgi_device_init Ignoring adapter type.
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture device_parent 0x985e0, container_parent 0x98a80, wined3d_desc 0x213ec50, texture flags 0, wined3d_texture 0xe5190 partial stub!
fixme:d3d11:device_parent_create_swapchain_texture Implement DXGI<->wined3d usage conversion.
fixme:ver:GetCurrentPackageId (0x17fce580 (nil)): stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x2431878) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x2345768) stub

Even after completely resetting Wine the same happens.

My system :
Debian 9 (Stretch) AMD64 w/ latest updates, 9.2 at the time of writing.
Intel Core i7 4790
32 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1070 w/ 375.82 blob.

Using under KDE with locale fr_FR.UTF-8

Not sure why you are trying to use Wine devel. It's not going to work, or at least work properly. What's your result with staging, or devel + minimal set of needed patches?
Shmerl Oct 9, 2017
Are hounds of the Wild Hunt supposed to be invisible or it's a bug?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.