Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Page: «12/21»
  Go to:
Shmerl Jun 2, 2019
Quoting: PangaeaDid you play through the whole thing?

Yeah, I finished the game (with restored music, see below). And it was very good indeed. I didn't mind the dated graphics. City landscape actually looked very good.

The racing track was easily the most challenging part of the game! It took me a lot of attempts to beat it.

Quoting: PangaeaI heard the music was stripped in the recent GOG release, but hopefully it's possible to bring it back, because it really added to the gorgeous atmosphere.

Yes, you can bring it back. There is a GOG thread with a link to a bundle, that you place in the game directory to restore music.
Pangaea Jun 3, 2019
Quoting: ShmerlYes, you can bring it back. There is a GOG thread with a link to a bundle, that you place in the game directory to restore music.
Thanks. Don't have the game on GOG, but have bookmarked that thread just in case I get it at some point. I have (or had?) the CD version from way back when. It wouldn't be the same without that music.

The race would probably have been much easier with a controller or wheel (remember those? hah). Most of the problems (that at least I had) was spinning out when turning, so I had to be real careful with tapping, and of course slowing down. Or being too ballsy in the fast S-curve, so the car flipped over and I died.

Later they patched in a difficulty setting on the race, because everybody and their mother complained about it :D

Excellent game. I recommend it to everybody who haven't played it.
Avehicle7887 Jun 3, 2019
Started Risen 2, not the brightest RPG of the bunch, but I quite enjoyed the first. Requires LAA patch if wanting a crash free experience. Doesn't work with D9VK yet.

mrdeathjr Jun 3, 2019
Quoting: Avehicle7887Started Risen 2, not the brightest RPG of the bunch, but I quite enjoyed the first. Requires LAA patch if wanting a crash free experience. Doesn't work with D9VK yet.

Risen 2 runs very bad with wined3d (in my case dont need LAA because use lower resolution)

However when works with d9vk, laa maybe can needed because d9vk needs more virtual memory

^_^
Avehicle7887 Jun 7, 2019
Aarklash: Legacy - Bought this game not too long before I switched to Linux. This is the first time I've tried it in Wine, works perfectly so far and the game is better than I thought. I'm playing it with WineD3D fps is an average of 90+, also works with D9VK but the mouse cursor is invisible.

Avehicle7887 Aug 31, 2019
I've finally had some time to setup mfplat properly to get the fmv's working in Darksiders 1 (GOG). What followed after were 5 hours marathon of gameplay.

ageres Sep 1, 2019
Control. I installed and started Epic Games launcher with Lutris (it doesn't run wuth regular Wine), but the game seems to be DRM-free, so I can launch it without EGL running (and get higher framerate because that shitty launcher consumes too much CPU power).
Nice game so far. It's more about gameplay than story, so if you expect Remedy-style cinematographic cutscenes, you will probably be disappointed. It's like metroidvania but in 3D.

Avehicle7887 Dec 8, 2019
Testing out Bioshock Infinite with DXVK, works pretty well overall. :)

Xpander Dec 18, 2019
4+ Hours of good old Warhammer Online open RvR action ( https://www.returnofreckoning.com )

wine-staging+fsync 5.0rc1
with sRGB patch to fix the bright ground texture: https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=66012

winetricks dotnet40 d3dx9_34
legluondunet Dec 24, 2019
Quoting: Avehicle7887I've finally had some time to setup mfplat properly to get the fmv's working in Darksiders 1 (GOG). What followed after were 5 hours marathon of gameplay.

Hello Avehicle7887, I'm very interested, could you explain me how to do that? Is it a stable solution?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.