You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
WINE Game Screenshot Thread
Page: «17/21»
  Go to:
Hamish Oct 23, 2020
An old game from my childhood: Fat Boy Raids the Cookie Factory.

Avehicle7887 Nov 20, 2020
Screenshot from the new BloodRayne Terminal Cut release:

The good news is that the game no longer uses a separate exe when playing fmv's, they have now been converted to bink and play out of the box (both Nvidia and AMD gpu's). Widescreen/Ultrawide is supported (as shown above).

BloodRayne 2 Terminal Cut is also working fine. Apparently it's using a similar (or the same) engine as the first game, movies also work out of the box and like the first game it's based on DX8. Unfortunately the 2nd game doesn't scale well with ultrawide resolutions.

The games are both using DX8 but you can use dgVoodoo+DXVK to force Vulkan, more screenshots:

BloodRayne 1

BloodRayne 2

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 21 November 2020 at 12:06 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Nov 26, 2020
Testing out Drakensang which released on GOG a couple of days ago.

Getting it to run requires the following native overrides (32bit):

d3dx9_39.dll
xaudio2_2.dll
xactengine3_2.dll
x3daudio1_4.dll
quartz.dll

To get credits (duh) and intro fmv working you'll have to install: https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

If you want to run custom resolutions go to your Wine prefix folder then "users/your_username/My Documents/Drakensang/profiles/defaults" and edit 'Width' and 'Height' from the 'profile.xml' file.
Shmerl Nov 26, 2020
Is the game good? I was thinking of buying it since I like RPGs in general.

I'm surprised quartz and xaudio are still a mess, despite faudio effort.

Last edited by Shmerl on 26 November 2020 at 9:08 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Nov 26, 2020
Quoting: ShmerlIs the game good? I was thinking of buying it since I like RPGs in general.

I'm surprised quartz and xaudio are still a mess, despite faudio effort.

Never played it before, but I'm a sucker for rpg's of this kind, and I couldn't pass up that discount. The game seems to have gotten good reviews at the time. Ironically it seems to run better in Wine than it does on Win10.

The Wine build I'm using was built with FAudio 20.10 on both 64 and 32bit.

I don't know much about The Dark Eye universe, the only other game I played was Blackguards (never finished).

Hopefully they'll release the 2010 prequel Drakensang - River of Time.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 26 November 2020 at 9:47 pm UTC
Shmerl Nov 26, 2020
OK, bought it :)
crt0mega Nov 27, 2020
Fun fact: I have the original DVD and it's so fuckin' DRM ridden that I could only play it with a crack :'D

Last edited by crt0mega on 30 November 2020 at 10:08 am UTC
Avehicle7887 Dec 2, 2020
Since the entire series was released on GOG, I'll start with the first one in the series: Batman - Arkham Asylum

This game was a pain getting it to run, I discovered that the hard way before checking protondb, but eventually got it to work in plain Wine.

Requires the following stuff:

DotNetFX 2.0 (SP2 also good)
PhysX installation from game's folder.
Some DX9 overrides such as d3dcompiler_43 and d3dx9_43 as well as MDX (MS DirectX dll's)
I also had to override "nvapi" to disabled to get the game running.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 2 December 2020 at 1:03 pm UTC
mrdeathjr Dec 2, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887Since the entire series was released on GOG, I'll start with the first one in the series: Batman - Arkham Asylum

This game was a pain getting it to run, I discovered that the hard way before checking protondb, but eventually got it to work in plain Wine.

Requires the following stuff:

DotNetFX 2.0 (SP2 also good)
PhysX installation from game's folder.
Some DX9 overrides such as d3dcompiler_43 and d3dx9_43 as well as MDX (MS DirectX dll's)
I also had to override "nvapi" to disabled to get the game running.

yeah good adition to gog catalog, in my case stay in steam many years ago but also buy rayman raving rabbids (i have in steam some years ago), stranglehold (john woo), arkham asylum and arkham city

actually runs very well with d9vk aka dxvk and with lastest wine dont need .net framework for launcher (this work with mono in my case) but many recent launchers .net 4.0 dont work correctly with mono for now

devland Dec 2, 2020
Arkham Origins from gog works in lutris with no additional tinkering.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.